The idea of spending a few days in the snow and enjoying the mountain tempts us but, in addition to shelter, we must prepare and protect our skin to prevent it from suffering. We tell you how to get it!
At this time of the year, normally, we see snow and mountains as the most desirable destinations to disconnect from the routine and to enjoy nature practicing one of our favorite sports such as skiing, hiking, snow … Or you can that you simply want to relax on the mountain and spend your Christmas holidays there. Whatever the final activity for which you choose, you will have to keep in mind the warm clothes, yes, but equally or even more important it will be that you prepare and protect your skin properly from falling temperatures.
This is one of the areas of our body that suffers most from the arrival of winter, from cold, from seeing, humidity and, in short, from sudden changes in temperature. The secondary effects? Dry, irritated skin, with burns, sensitive, tight, aged skin … The list of inconveniences is too numerous to disregard this. Therefore, we have compiled some basic tips that you should have very clear this winter and that will ensure that your skin survives in perfect conditions this season Take note!
1. Do not get tired of hydrating: The cold, the sun, the wind … All these factors cause our skin to suffer twice as much and end up getting dry, losing vitality and with that feeling of tightness. To prevent this from happening, it is best to turn your moisturizer into your essential beauty product. Hydrated skin will ensure skincare, young and radiant.
2. Sun protection will be a must: This includes sunny days and also cloudy days. Solar radiation can be one of the most damaging factors for our skin and especially when there is snow in between. This can reflect like a mirror, up to 80% of solar radiation. We recommend that to prevent aging and dry your skin, use creams with high sun protection and are resistant to sweat and moisture. An essential detail especially if you are going to do some kind of snow sport.
3. Repairing the skin will prevent you from adding more years: The use of moisturizing masks, repairing serums or some treatment or blister with Vitamin C or hyaluronic acid, will be your beauty lifesaving habits. These will be the fastest and most effective solution to say goodbye to photo-aged and tight skin.
4. Do not forget about sensitive areas: Do not put aside lips, eyes, nose, cheekbones, ears, hands, neck … These are all especially delicate areas that will tend to dry out and age before the others. At this point, lip protectors, hand cream, gloves, sunglasses, and a high sun protection cream enter the scene.
5. Finally, facial cleansing and after sun: Cleansing the face at the beginning and end of the day, is an essential step regardless of the time of the year. A routine that you should not forget in winter either, and not only for cleaning makeup debris or dead skin cells, but because it is the best way to oxygenate it. Finally, do not forget to repair the skin with a good after sun. This final touch will ensure that your skin is radiant the next day.
What are you waiting for to put them into practice?